What is the Best of Grande Prairie Awards?
One of our favourite things here at Grande Prairie Family is connecting community members with the amazing businesses and services we have in town. And one question we get asked, over and over again, is “Can you recommend ABC?” or “I’m looking for a new XYZ, where should I go?” In our every day conversations, in Facebook groups, and via email, parents are looking to get tried and true recommendations from their peers. With that in mind, we’ve created the Grande Prairie Family’s “Best of Grande Prairie Awards”. We’re looking for our readers to nominate and vote for the best of the best in GP. When we’re done, we’ll have a list of the most recommended products, services, and businesses for you to reference all year long.
Here’s how it works:
- We collected nominations from our readers from August 10-September 10. The top 4 (some categories only have 3) nominees in each category were added to the voting ballot.
- Each email address may submit ONE voting form. You may vote in one or all categories on the form.
- Voting will be open from September 15-October 14. Each email address may submit one ballot.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook Live and a blog post on October 15. Each winner will receive a custom “Grande Prairie Family’s Best of Grande Prairie Winner” decal, custom graphic, and framed certificate.
- We’ll keep our “Best of Grande Prairie” post up on www.gpfamily.ca all year long, so you can reference it whenever you need a local recommendation!
The “Grande Prairie Family’s Best of Grande Prairie” awards are facilitated by Grande Prairie Family as a way to connect local people with trusted local businesses. All businesses and providers are reader nominated. Grande Prairie Family does not endorse or guarantee any businesses, services, or claims made by such businesses. By voting, each voter releases and discharges Grande Prairie Family and its respective officers, directors, members, agents, and representatives (collectively, “Publisher Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this poll, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Offering potential voters a tangible reward or incentive for voting (e.g., buying votes, offering services or discounts in exchange for votes, providing entry into a sweepstakes for votes) is prohibited. By nominating or voting, you agree to these terms.